Monday, March 5, 2012

Is going to SHAVE....

my HEAD! Completely bald!!
I am taking part in the Worlds Greatest Shave - my whole family is actually, My husband and children are dying their hair.
I am also helping to raise money for a Mama of 2 wee ones who is undergoing chemo, through The Shavey Bunch on Facebook, I will add a link to the page and to anyone who would like to donate you can do so by sending payments to theshaveybunch@gmail.com http://www.facebook.com/theshaveybunch

The link to my WGS page is www.my.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/LivShalless
Donations can be made on my personal page or my families team page www.my.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/TheShallessFamily

I am so excited to do this, and hope we can raise lots of money.....I would love to reach our target of $1000 so if you can please donate and sponsor me/us......payments can be made via paypal or credit card (WGS) and you will be emailed a receipt as donations over $5 are tax deductable....or if you are local to me - MT Gambier - you can pay in cash and I can give you a receipt.

A lot of people say say Oh you are so brave, I would never have the guts to shave all my hair off......but I dont think Im brave....Ive always had the outlook -its only hair, it will grow back. And it will! Im lucky - Im healthy, Im not having poisons pumped through my body, making my hair fall out and stopping it from growing back.  I dont have anyone close to me suffering from cancer, I know people who have it but  not close iygwim? But lately it just seems like cancer is everywhere and it is so heartbreaking....Ive read a few blogs of cancer suffers.....Christian Anderson, who sadly lost his battle with cancer earlier this year, and I follow Lil Blue Boo - this lady is amazing! She is also undergoing chemo but her whole outlook on life is just inspiring - Choose Joy...that is her motto.......
And then there are the children suffering....it just breaks my heart and brings me to tears just thinking about it.....so if me shaving my head can raise money to make even 1 persons life a little bit better then how can I not?!
So please, take a moment to think about these people that are suffering and dig deep....and help me help them ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment